Montana Mountain Views

Montana Mountain Views
Taken in the Bitteroot Valley, MT

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Is 7:45 Early?

It's funny how kids give you a lot of insight into how your life has been going lately. My son got up to find me already awake at the computer. He shuffled into the room to blink at me confusedly and say, "What are you doing up already? You couldn't sleep?" It's seven forty stinkin' five! It's not like he got up at three AM to find me madly knitting little sweaters for the dog we don't have. Apparently I've been sleeping pretty late as of late.

The other day he saw me mopping the floor and said, "Who's coming over?" oops. It's not like I was polishing the silver or making a meal big enough to feed Cox's Army here. The fact that our floor is actually getting mopped should not necessarily be a positive indicator that company is imminent. Maybe my housekeeping has been less than stellar lately.

I'm waiting with bated breath for him to make some comment about me needing to go on a diet.

I'm convinced that children are God's favorite flame in his refiner's fire. They so eloquently point out our foibles and force us to face (and laugh at) our most unattractive qualities. Thank you, Lord, that you love me enough to give me a smart &** child.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, you've gotta love it! They certainly do call you out! Once I'd overheard Joel talking to Eric in the bathroom. He said: "Daddy, why's yours bigger than mine?" Mortifying!

    ReplyDelete